Is it possible to show satellite maps?

Is it possible to show satellite maps?
https://openchargemap.org/site

Yes, if using Settings choose Satellite from the Map Type.

1 Like

Thank you. I found it.
I actually looked at it menu many times, but did not scroll to the bottom to find the option.
The satellite map is much better for correcting some charge station locations.

1 Like

I have just realized that editing a charge station switches the map to the road version. I would need the satellite version to correct locations.

A full editor is being added to the map application soon (it’s just being tested now), this will become the preferred editor and eventually replace the current editor on the .org site and will have the map type option.

1 Like

Fantastic!
Look forward to it. I have to see the surrounding buildings to pinpoint a charging station.

What is the best way to get notified when the satellite maps become available for the editor? Is there an ETA for this feature? If I knew the ETA, I would start checking the editor from the ETA on.

Hi, appreciate your enthusiasm!

It’s still a work in progress when I have free time, currently working on some API issues instead. Had hoped to get the new editor out before Christmas so we’ll see.

1 Like

Thank you. I will check it again around Christmas.
I think the accuracy of charging stations locations is important because some of them are at obscure locations that are not easy to see.